The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations – Rhode Island for short – is the smallest state by land area in the United States, and the state with the longest official name.
Last night, on Twitter, the subject of early furry writing and artwork came up. There are still bunch available today. We recently sold off an entire set of Furthest North Crew to a collector for his library project. A few still available today include:
- Fang, Claw, and Steel
- Tales of the Tai-Pan Universe
- Tai-Pan Special Editions
- North American Fur (Issue 35 Just Came out!)
Recently Added Titles:
- Cooner: Rhapsody in Blueline by Cooner – $24.95
- Dogs of War Edited by Fred Patten – $19.95
- Hot Dish #2 edited by Dark End – $17.95
- Instinct Volume 2 by Rukis – $24.95
- Kismet by Watts Martin – $17.95
- Love Match by Kyell Gold – Digital Edition – $9.99
- Love Match by Kyell Gold – Print Edition – $19.95
- Menagerie Volume 2 by Rukis – $19.95
- The Time He Desires by Kyell Gold – Print Edition – $9.95
Tysons Corner VA
April 28-30, 2017
The Jersey Foxes (TheMattFox &TheRedFoxCamio) for Rabbit Valley Comics
Surfer’s Paradise, QLD, Australia
May 19-21, 2017
Rabbit Valley Comics
Books Published By Rabbit Valley® Comics:
- Spooo Presents Series of Adult Comics
- Associated Student Bodies by Lance Rund and Chris McKinley
- Circles by Andrew French, Steve Domanski, and Scott Fabianek
- Coyote River by Chris McKinley
- Dark Zel and Tredain
- Dragon’s Hoard Comics
- Fast Boyz Delivery Service by Werepuppy
- Jeremy Bernal Comics
- Novels by Alflor Aalto, Wolf, and others
- Ookami Kemono Books
- Rocketship Rodents by Werepuppy and Trejaan
- Tales of Tobius by Agent Elrond
- Weady Set Go! by Furnut
- Webz Magazine by Kaputt (Updated)
- Winding Silhouettes by A Blue Deer and Shana
- Zoorama Comics
- Knot University / Knot Shy by Sunati
Additionally, we have a host of awesome furry products by these fine creative suppliers:
- Anthropomorphic Dreams novels and books
- Associated Student Bodies
- Bernard Doove’s Chakat Titles
- Bad Dog Books
- Bucktown Tiger’s Music CDs
- DJ Ear’s Album
- Dreamfield Comics magazines and comics
- Fur planet Comics, Novels and Novellas (Updated)
- Graveyard Greg’s Comics, Novels, and Novellas
- Jarlidium Press Comics and Fanzines
- J Michael Gallen Novels
- Jim Galford Novels
- JR’s Music
- Niic The Dog’s Music
- Radio Comix (Updated)
- Ringtail Cafe Comics
- Sofawolf Press Novels and Magazines (Updated)
- Tales of the Tai Pan Universe (Updated)
- YARF! (Updated)
- We also have gift certificates available for that hard to shop for furry
All In-Stock items will ship within 24-48 hours of being ordered Monday-Friday with the occasional shipping on the weekend. Orders containing just digital items will be available for download within four hours of payment confirmation.
Back in January the USPS activated new prices. Sadly this means that we have to update our pricing tables to reflect these price increases.
We do everything we can to keep shipping prices low, but sometimes it’s unavoidable. We use the USPS Postal API to determine the price based on shipping from our ZIP Code to the address you provide during the check out process coupled with the weight of the items you order, the weight of the package and packing materials, as well as a nominal handling fee to recover inbound inventory shipping.
We regularly check our shipping prices to make sure they are the best. If you see something off, please do contact us by email with your order number. We will do what we can to explain and rectify, if necessary, the situation.
Patriots’ Day! Patriots’ Day is an official commonwealth holiday in Massachusetts commemorating the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the American Revolutionary War. The holiday was originally celebrated on April 19, the actual anniversary of the battles (fought in 1775).
Since 1969, it has been observed on the third Monday in April in Massachusetts and in Maine (where it’s called Patriot’s Day – notice the change in location of apostrophe ). (Bonus Fact, until 1820 Maine was part of Massachusetts, hence their celebration of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts holiday). The Monday holiday creates a three-day long weekend. It is also the first day of a vacation week for public schools in both states and a school holiday for many local colleges and universities, both public and private.
Observances and re-enactments of the battles occur annually at Lexington Green in Lexington, Massachusetts (around 6:00 am) and the Old North Bridge in Concord, Massachusetts (around 9:00 am). In the morning, mounted re-enactors with state police escorts retrace the Midnight Rides of Paul Revere and William Dawes, calling out warnings the whole way.
Commonwealth vs State? From 1776 to 1780 the words State of Massachusetts Bay appeared on the top of all acts and resolves. In 1780, the Massachusetts Constitution went into effect. Part Two of the Constitution, under the heading Frame of Government states: “that the people … form themselves into a free, sovereign, and independent body politic, or state by the name of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts.” Commonwealths are states, but the reverse is not true – States are not Commonewalths. The term Commonwealth does not describe or provide for any specific political status or legal relationship when used by a state. Those that do use it are equal to those that do not.
Legally, Massachusetts is a commonwealth because the term is contained in the Constitution.
Three other states are also commonwealths:
- Virginia (June 29, 1776)
- Pennsylvania (September 25, 1776)
- Kentucky (Commonwealth added in the Third Kentucky Constitution of 1850)
Seeing as Rabbit Valley was located in Massachusetts for a great number of years, we will not be shipping orders today in observance of this holiday.
Today our Chief Bunny and Crafty Fox headed down to Bonnie Springs to entertain the guests dressed as giant Nevada Rabbits. The theme of Bonnie Springs is old west, so Reno and Sparks fit right in. Photos by QBLion.
The train conductor got a huge kick out of the rabbits as did the entire staff.